Monday, December 13, 2010

Women and Family in The Godfather

"A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man."

Don:"My wife is crying upstairs. I hear cars coming to the house. Consiglieri of mine, I think you should tell your Don what everyone seems to know." / Tom:"I didn't tell Mama anything. I was about to come up and wake just now and tell you." / Don:"But you needed a drink first." [Tom nods] "And now you've had your drink." / Tom:"They shot Sonny on the causeway. He's dead."

quotes from http://www.thegodfathertrilogy.com/gf1/gf1quots.html

The women of the family are considered very important and essential to a family like the Corleones. They are half of the reason for family business, and the caretakers of the men of the family.


No comments:

Post a Comment